We understand that achieving sustainable outcomes, such as reducing weight, preserving food, and enabling effective end-of-life recovery and reuse, can influence packaging decisions. We support our customers, employees, and global community by focusing on Responsible Sourcing and Responsible Production.
• We are increasing post-consumer recycled material percentages, with a focus on steel and aluminum
• We use polypropylene, including PCR, in plastic products, which is 100% is recyclable
• Robust energy, water, and waste efficiency programs for plant operations
• Thermal oxidizer emissions control reducing natural gas and regulated criteria pollutants
• Greenhouse gas emission reporting via the Carbon Disclosure Project
Achieving sustainable outcomes, such as reducing weight, preserving food, and enabling effective end-of-life recovery and reuse, can influence packaging decisions
In addition to J.L. Clark’s internal, process-focused sustainability efforts, our knowledgeable development team is available to assist early in the package development process to help identify the most sustainable packaging option for your particular product.
Metal and plastic packaging each have their own unique benefits and sustainability characteristics. With 100+ years of experience with metal packaging and 60+ years in plastics, we have both the expertise and diverse production capabilities to help you weigh the options and identify the best fit for your product.